You know how Hawaii hates the USA? Well if you don't know, now you do.
Racial tension is O.O.C between native Hawaiians and non-natives (especially whites). They have a special word for white folk there, haole (pronounced "howl-ee"), and it doesn't have a loving connotation. There's talk of seceding from the union "Last star on, First star off." Military folk beaten close to death. Campers killed. Vacationers preyed upon. Blah blah blah.
I'm not hating on Hawaii...just stating the facts.
So, I was thinking today...oh man I just realized...this is the Day After Stupids.
Anyway, I was thinking if all of Hawaii's hateful feelings towards the USA is due largely in part to the fact that every single radio contest, television contest, reality voting show (Dancing With the Stars, American Idol)...makes it a point to say "Open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States."
Hawaii never gets to play in any reindeer games. I'd be a bit salty too.
Alaska doesn't get to play either, but I think they are too cold to care.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you're getting the word out there about the Aloha state - yeah, not so much.
ReplyDelete